TherAID™ Heath Cream provides penetrating and effective temporary pain relief from aching muscles and joints. Use during a massage for added pain relief and relaxation or as an instant at-home remedy for aches and pains caused from muscle tension and stress.
Available in Regular and Extra Strength.
What makes TherAid pain relieving cream special?
Some may think it is special because it has a National Drug Code identifier (61577-5041); others might like the product because it is formulated in the United States. However, the real key to this unique TherAid pain relieving cream is in its ingredients and the unique combination of both its active and inactive compounds.
Because these ingredients include the well-known and the exceptional, we wanted to outline all of the major ingredients, both active and inactive, below:
- Emu Oil. Emu oil is a natural emollient and is used in diverse applications. Our skin recognizes the fundamental make-up of emu oil and allows it to penetrate (as a transdermal carrier) deep below the outer layer of skin where healing and regeneration of cells take place. Emu oil is an exceptional moisturizer and is unique in its ability to alleviated dry, irritated skin. Research has demonstrated that emu oil thickens the skin, reducing the appearance of aging. Emu oil is now commonly used in burn centers to help reduce pain and scarring.
Specialists are discovering the benefits of emu oil and are adapting it into their treatment techniques for relieving the symptoms of arthritis to reducing stiffness in joints. Emu oil also helps diminish stretch marks, sunburn pain, bruising and muscle pain. Emu oil has natural anti-inflammatory properties and is composed of three essential fatty acids (Omega 3, 6, and 9) which are vital in promoting healthy skin and cell reproduction.
- Aloe Vera is believed to be native to the Mediterranean, but its exact native habitat is unknown. Leaves from all aloes have long been credited with health properties, but the especially succulent Aloe Vera is valued most. In the past, leaves were sliced and laid on the skin to relieve itching and to heal burns. Today it is claimed to work effectively on sunburns, minor burns, wrinkles, insect bites, skin irritations, cuts and scratches.
- Menthol is an organic compound naturally occurring in mint plants. It is widely used in many products for its therapeutic qualities. Over the past two hundred years, its many uses have been related to its stimulation of the skin’s cold receptors. It produces the sensation of a cooling effect when inhaled or applied to the skin. In traditional Asian medicine, menthol was prescribed for indigestion, headaches, colds or sore throats.
- Capsaicin, a safe and effective component, is used to relieve pain, improve circulation, treat cluster headaches and psoriasis, and for weight loss. Capsicum or cayenne pepper, a shrub prevalent in many tropical and subtropical climates, is an important ingredient of many cuisines around the world. It has been used in traditional medical systems as a remedy for digestive and circulatory problems, poor appetite, and to relieve muscle and arthritic pain. Capsaicin is thought to reduce pain sensation by temporarily depleting a neurotransmitter, substance P, which relays pain signals to the brain. Data also suggest that capsaicin cream can effectively control post-surgical pain in cancer patients.
- Citrus Grandis, also known as citrus seed extract, is a liquid derived from the seeds, pulp, and white membranes of grapefruit. Grapefruit seed extract is sold as a food supplement and even used in cosmetics because of its claims as a natural antimicrobial as well as its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
- Orange Peel Extract, or Citrus Aurantium, commonly referred to as bitter orange, has been used for thousands of years in Traditional Chinese Medicine to improve overall health. Recently, scientists discovered compounds in this ingredient that allow for powerful fat-burning activity. In fact, synephrine, one such compound, is referred to as ephedra's "calmer chemical cousin" because it increases the body's metabolic rate or ability to burn calories, without producing negative side effects on the central nervous system and the cardiovascular system.
- Yucca extract is a consumable product derived from the flowering plant Yucca that grows in the desert areas of the United States and Mexico. When consumed, it helps clean the digestive system washing toxins from the intestines.
- Carbomer is a series of polymers primarily made from acrylic acid. The Carbomers are white, fluffy powders and are often used to control the consistency and flow of cosmetics and personal care products.
- Decyl Gloucoside is a mild non-ionic co-surfactant. It is composed of sugar (glucose) derived from cornstarch and fatty alcohols (decanol) derived from coconuts. It is often used in body washes, shampoos, bubble baths, cleansing lotions, creams, hand soaps, baby products, and hair conditioners.
- Sodium Hydroxymthyglycinate is a preservative derived from the naturally occurring amino acid, glycine. It is often used in cosmetics and skin care products as a natural alternative to parabens, although the process used to create Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate requires synthetic actions. It is considered an effective preservative because of its ability to cover a broad spectrum of microbes and protect formulas against bacteria, yeast and mold.
- Vegetable glycerin is an outstanding moisturizer and skin cleanser that also provides softening and lubricating benefits. It is hypoallergenic and easily soluble in water, making it suitable for use in virtually all cosmetic applications. 100% Pure Vegetable Glycerin has a long shelf life and does not easily oxidize. It is a natural product derived from Non-GMO palm oil or vegetable oil.
- Witch Hazel is a primary ingredient in many skin care products and cosmetics because of its cleansing, non-drying, hypoallergenic, and soothing properties. It is a vasoconstrictor, which means it helps reduce swelling. It’s affordable and green.